Reuters: Business News Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- U.S. airlines, hotels extend rebooking options as coronavirus spreadson February 26, 2020 at 1:03 am
U.S. airlines and hotels are extending options for customers to rebook travel to a growing list of countries, including Italy, as coronavirus cases spiked outside of China and sparked fears of a global pandemic.
- Asian stocks, Treasury yields fall as pandemic fears intensifyon February 26, 2020 at 1:01 am
Asian shares fell on Wednesday as a U.S. warning to Americans to prepare for the possibility of a coronavirus pandemic drove another Wall Street tumble and pushed yields on safe-haven Treasuries to record lows.
- Musk's SpaceX rocket production facility approved by Port of Los Angeleson February 26, 2020 at 12:45 am
SpaceX, the private rocket company of high tech entrepreneur Elon Musk, won final approval on Tuesday to build a research and manufacturing plant for its deep-space Starship project on a tract of vacant land at the Port of Los Angeles.
- Mattel receives SEC subpoena on whistleblower letteron February 26, 2020 at 12:14 am
Mattel Inc had received a subpoena in December from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission seeking documents related to a whistleblower letter and subsequent investigation, the U.S. toymaker said in a filing on Tuesday.
- Economic contagion spreads beyond China to other Asian economies: Reuters pollon February 26, 2020 at 12:11 am
The effects of the coronavirus outbreak are likely to reverberate beyond China as most major economies in the region are expected to either slow down significantly, halt or shrink outright in the current quarter, Reuters polls found.
- Liberian former IMF Africa chief named as deputy managing directoron February 26, 2020 at 12:07 am
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva on Tuesday nominated former IMF official Antoinette Sayeh to become a deputy managing director at the Fund.
- Fed's Kaplan says unclear right now if coronavirus calls for U.S. rate change: WSJon February 25, 2020 at 11:19 pm
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Robert Kaplan said on Tuesday events are still too fluid around the coronavirus outbreak to say the U.S. central bank needs to lower short-term rates, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
- Coronavirus fears pull U.S. chip index into a correctionon February 25, 2020 at 11:15 pm
Wall Street's main semiconductor benchmark tumbled into correction territory on Tuesday in its deepest four-day rout since the financial crisis, as the coronavirus spread further around the world and deepened fears about the global economy.
- Wall Street's sell-off deepens as coronavirus fears intensifyon February 25, 2020 at 11:15 pm
The Dow and the S&P 500 tumbled 3% on Tuesday in their fourth straight day of losses as the coronavirus spread further around the world and investors offloaded risky assets as they struggled to gauge the economic impact.
- Fiat Chrysler CEO Manley received 13.3 million euros in 2019 compensation: filingon February 25, 2020 at 11:14 pm
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCA) Chief Executive Mike Manley received compensation of 13.28 million euros ($14.45 million) for 2019, in line with a target set by the company, the Italian-American automaker said in a filing on Tuesday.