Reuters: Business News Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Trump jacks up tariffs on Chinese imports in latest tit-for-taton August 23, 2019 at 9:17 pm
President Donald Trump said on Friday the United States would subject Chinese imports to an additional 5% tariff in response to what he called a politically motivated move by China to impose tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. exports.
- Wall Street plunges as U.S.-China trade war intensifieson August 23, 2019 at 9:05 pm
Wall Street tumbled on Friday after the U.S.-China trade war escalated in dramatic fashion, with President Donald Trump demanding that American companies seek alternatives to doing business with China after Beijing announced its own slate of retaliatory measures.
- Stocks tumble, yen rallies as Trump threatens to counter new China tariffson August 23, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Stocks, the dollar and oil prices fell on Friday while safe havens rose after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to further escalate his trade war with China "this afternoon," following a new round of retaliatory tariffs from Beijing.
- Fed's commitment to act upstaged by Trump's furoron August 23, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said the central bank would "act as appropriate" to keep the U.S. economy healthy, stopping short of committing to rapid-fire rate cuts and drawing fire from President Donald Trump.
- Fed's Clarida says global economy has worsened since July: CNBCon August 23, 2019 at 8:42 pm
U.S. Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Richard Clarida said on Friday the global economic outlook has worsened since July.
- California rare earths miner races to refine amid U.S.-China trade rowon August 23, 2019 at 8:37 pm
The owner of the only U.S. rare earths mine is going on a hiring spree as it looks to significantly boost production, part of a strategy to build out American refining capability after China raised tariffs on the minerals amid an escalating trade war.
- Oil prices slide as U.S.-China trade war escalateson August 23, 2019 at 8:32 pm
Oil prices fell on Friday after China unveiled retaliatory tariffs against about $75 billion worth of U.S. goods including crude oil, another escalation of a protracted trade dispute between the world's two largest economies.
- Trump calls on U.S. firms to exit China as trade war escalateson August 23, 2019 at 8:29 pm
President Donald Trump on Friday pressured U.S. companies to leave China after Beijing unveiled retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion in U.S. goods, stoking fears their escalating trade war will tip the global economy into recession.
- U.S.-China Business Council urges talks to end damaging trade tensionson August 23, 2019 at 8:28 pm
The US-China Business Council on Friday said millions of U.S. citizens will be harmed by the increased trade tensions between the United States and China, the world's largest economies, following the latest salvos in the U.S.-China trade war.
- Factbox: Pending mergers and acquisitions involving U.S. firms that need Chinese approvalon August 23, 2019 at 8:25 pm
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he has ordered American companies to exit China after Beijing unveiled retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods, in a new twist in the bitter trade war between the world's two largest economies.