Reuters: Business News Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- SoftBank sounds out Japan's top banks on $2.8 billion loan, sources sayon November 21, 2019 at 6:58 am
SoftBank Group Corp is sounding out Japan's top three banks to borrow around 300 billion yen ($2.8 billion) to help fund its support of U.S. startup WeWork, three people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Shares falter as China-U.S. row over Hong Kong wrecks trade deal hopeson November 21, 2019 at 6:22 am
Global stocks took a beating on Thursday as a fresh row between Washington and Beijing over U.S. legislation on Hong Kong threatened to undermine their trade talks and delay a "phase one" deal that investors had initially hoped to be signed by now.
- Pressure grows on Westpac CEO after massive Australian money laundering scandalon November 21, 2019 at 6:12 am
Pressure mounted on the chief executive of Westpac Banking Corp on Thursday over the handling of Australia's biggest money laundering scandal, with the prime minister saying the bank's board should reflect deeply on Brian Hartzer's position.
- Alibaba, Aramco share sale bonanza fails to deliver banks fee windfallon November 21, 2019 at 5:35 am
A late-year rush of giant global share sales led by Alibaba's $13 billion Hong Kong listing and Aramco's $26 billion initial public offering is failing to deliver an equivalent payday for equities bankers.
- Johnson & Johnson loses pelvic mesh class action in Australiaon November 21, 2019 at 3:56 am
More than 1,350 Australian women won a seven-year-old class action lawsuit on Thursday against Johnson & Johnson (J&J) for misleading patients and surgeons about the risks of the pharmaceutical giant's pelvic mesh implants.
- Apple, Intel file antitrust case against SoftBank-owned firm over patent practiceson November 21, 2019 at 3:51 am
Apple Inc and Intel Corp on Wednesday filed an antitrust lawsuit against Fortress Investment Group, alleging the SoftBank Group Corp unit stockpiled patents to hold up tech firms with lawsuits demanding as much as $5.1 billion.
- A U.S.-China 'phase one' trade deal may not be inked this yearon November 21, 2019 at 3:34 am
Completion of a "phase one" U.S.-China trade deal could slide into next year, trade experts and people close to the White House said, as Beijing presses for more extensive tariff rollbacks, and the Trump administration counters with heightened demands of its own.
- Trump says he doesn't think China is 'stepping up' in trade talkson November 21, 2019 at 3:06 am
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he has not made a trade deal with China yet because Beijing is not "stepping up" in negotiations.
- GM sues Fiat Chrysler, alleging union bribes cost it billionson November 21, 2019 at 3:03 am
General Motors Co on Wednesday filed a racketeering lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, alleging that its rival bribed United Auto Workers (UAW) union officials over many years to corrupt the bargaining process and gain advantages, costing GM billions of dollars.
- Google bars elections ads from using political leanings, voter dataon November 21, 2019 at 2:51 am
Alphabet Inc's Google will stop giving advertisers the ability to target election ads using data such as public voter records and general political affiliations, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.